2022-2023 Theme: "SHOW YOUR VOICE!"
Check back for updates on submission rules and regulations at the end of August/beginning of September.
In the meantime, get those creative juices flowing!! We're so excited to see what our ILHS artists submit next year!!!
MAY 2022 UPDATE:
The National Level Results are in!
Congratulations Hailey B. who was awarded "Award of Excellence" for their photography entry!
Hailey will receive a $200 Young Artist Scholarship, a Silver Medal, a Certificate of Excellence, and their work featured in the National PTA virtual exhibition!! AMAZING!!
MARCH 2022 UPDATE:
The State Level Results are in!
Congratulations to Hailey B. who was awarded "Outstanding Interpretation" for their photography entry and are moving on to the National level of competition!! AMAZING!
OPEN NOW - Visit Northshore Council PTSA's Virtual Reflections Celebration showcasing all of the Reflections entries they received (including our awesome ILHS artists!) Click THIS LINK to visit the art showcase!
JANUARY 2022 UPDATE:
Thank you to the students who submitted entries to the 2021-2022 Reflections competition!
All of our artists were able to move on to the Northshore Council PTSA district-wide level of judging.
The district level judging results are in!
Congratulations to the following students who qualified for the state level of the competition:
Anja F. (visual arts)
Hailey B. (visual arts & photography)
We are so proud of our artists!!!! GO RAVENS!
Reflections is a National PTA arts recognition program that helps students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence, and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful not only in school, but in life.
Students in Pre-K through grade 12 create original works of art in response to a theme. The theme for the 2021-2022 program year is "I Will Change The World By…". Students submit their completed works of art in one, or all, of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Submissions are due: TBD
HOW TO START:
Visit this link to find the Student Entry Form and the rules specific for each art category. You will find these located under the heading “Student Entry Rules”. Then, select your art category - Visual Arts (2D & 3D), photography, literature, music composition, dance choreography, and film production.
**Be aware that this year, all entries are being accepted digitally!! See below for more details. If this is a hardship, please contact the Reflections chair (email@example.com) to make other arrangements.**
CHOOSE & PREPARE:
- Choose the category/categories you wish to enter and think about how you would express the theme. You may enter more than one category, but you can only submit one art piece per category.
- Get familiar with the Rules & Guidelines for the category(ies) you plan to enter. If your entry is selected to move on to the National PTA competition, it will need to follow ALL rules for packaging and submission!!!
- The Special Artist division is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the National PTA Reflections® program. Download the Special Artist Rules/Guidelines.
Go ahead and create your original piece! It must be new for this competition and express this years theme. Help from an adult or collaboration with other students is NOT allowed.
- Complete a Student Entry Form. Make sure you, the student, and a parent/guardian both sign it. Choose a title for your work of art and create an Artist’s Statement (at least one sentence and more no more than 100 words) that relates how the piece connects to the theme. **Remember, the Artist’s Statement is a primary factor when judging the entry.** In the Artist’s Statement, you should tell us about your work and what it means to you. How does your work relate to the theme? What is your personal connection to the theme? What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instruments, props, etc.)? What/Who was your inspiration?
Below you will find the information to fill out at the top of the entry form – the “To Be Completed by PTA” section – before submitting your art and form. WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR PAID DATES FOR INSURANCE PAID DATE:
Local PTA __Innovation Lab High School PTSA_______ Local PTA ID _12418962 Local Program Chair ___Jane Chiodo_____________ Email firstname.lastname@example.org____ Phone ___425-248-7706____ Council PTA _Northshore_______ District PTA __N/A_____ Region PTA ___Region 6___ State PTA _Washington / 6.10.90__Member Dues Paid Date ___10/5/21__ Insurance Paid Date __10/2021____ Bylaws Approval Date __9/23/21___
Northshore Council PTSA and Washington State PTA will ONLY be accepting digital submissions this year. If this is a hardship, please contact the Reflections chair at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
Digital entries may be turned in via a file drop at the following link any time between now and SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28th: https://www.dropbox.com/request/1MxB6GJhUQ8w9wvcxc3Q
Our digital entries are due to Northshore Council PTSA on Friday, December 3rd by 9pm! Please be sure that when you submit your entry form it is completely filled out and your artwork meets all submission guidelines!!! It will be a tight turnaround, but I wanted to make sure you had as much time as possible!!
When uploading be sure to use the following file name format: Student First Name and Last Name – The Arts Category (ex. “Photography”) – “Entry Form” or “Artwork” or "Notation/Score/Explanation".
For each submission, be sure to upload:
1. The completed entry form. You can type in your signatures into the entry form or you can sign and then scan the entry form & send as a PDF.
2. Artwork/piece. **Be sure to reference the entry guidelines for the acceptable file formats for each category!! Also, be sure to use the highest quality scans or digital photos!**
IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A MUSICAL COMPOSITION: You will actually submit THREE things - entry form, musical composition piece AND your notation/score/explanation (see rules for information on this!).
**BE AWARE!! If a submission moves on to the National competition, we will be sending the physical piece. So, it will need to be compliant with all rules and packaged correctly!!!**
- ALL the overall and category specific rules have been followed.
- The entry is packaged correctly (This is not necessary when submitting virtually, but it will need to follow all submission guidelines, including packaging, if the piece moves on to National).
- The official entry form is completely filled out, signed by both student and parent/guardian, and has an Artist’s Statement.
- When uploaded to the file drop, there should be TWO submissions for each student – an entry form and the artwork. There needs to be THREE submissions for each student doing an musical composition. Please use the following file name format: Student First Name and Last Name – The Arts Category (ex. “Photography”) – “Entry Form” or “Artwork” or "Notation/Score/Explanation".
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our Reflections chair at any time – Jane Chiodo – firstname.lastname@example.org - 425-248-7706 (text or call)
We look forward to seeing your creativity!