Staff & Student Grant Program
Innovation Lab HS PTSA has budgeted funds to provide grants to our school, our teachers and staff, and to our students.
Grants given to staff and teachers enrich academic innovation by providing resources that support students’ classroom and/or extracurricular learning. Generally, these grants fund materials, programs, and tools that cannot be funded from the school budget or by other sponsoring organizations.
We see our student grant program as just one of the ways in which we can assist ILHS students along their academic journeys. Money shouldn’t stand in the way of ingenuity and innovation! Grant money is intended to assist students with supplies needed to reach their project goals.
Our PTSA’s overarching mission is to “Make every child's potential a reality.” By providing funds at either a student project level, a classroom level, grade level or entire school level we hope to assist in enriching the current and/or future student body of ILHS.
Staff Grant Information
UPDATE MARCH 2023: All funds designated for Staff grants have been allocated. Please consider donating to our Raising for Ravens fundraiser to help us be able to support even MORE students next year!!
The following are the Staff Grant Application submission deadlines for 2022-2023: November 18th & February 1st (Feb. 1st round of grants will be dependent on funds available)
1. Receive approval for your grant proposal from the building principal. Fill out and sign the Principal Approval Form.
2. Complete the online Grant Application Form. You must use an NSD email account to access the survey. Be sure to attach the completed Principal Approval Form to your application.
3. The requestor will be notified via email the status of the grant, and -if applicable- the approved amount within three weeks from the submission deadline. Within the grant approval email the requestor receives from the grant committee, they will find a link to the ILHS PTSA Disbursement Form.
4. The requestor will fill out the ILHS PTSA Disbursement Form and attach any and all receipts/invoices. Return the completed form to the PTSA box behind the front desk in the lobby. The Disbursement Form must be completed by June 1st of the current school year.
Student Grant Information
UPDATE FEBRUARY 2023: All funds designated for Student grants have been allocated. Thank you to the students and student groups who applied this year! Our Grant Committee was able to grant a total of $800 to our students to put towards their exciting projects. Please consider donating to our Raising for Ravens fundraiser to help us be able to support even MORE students next year!!
The following are the submission deadlines for 2022-2023: December 2nd & January 27th (Jan. 27th round of grants will be dependent on funds available)
1. Complete the online Grant Application form. You must use an NSD email account to access the survey. Within the form, you will be asked to give us the name and email of the teacher/staff member you will be asking to authorize your request.
2. Once you have completed the online Grant Application form, you will receive a Google Form response email confirmation. Forward the Google Form response email to the teacher/staff member who is authorizing your grant request. The teacher/staff member will then email their authorization directly to the grant committee (email@example.com). Please remember to follow up with your selected teacher/staff member to be sure they have completed their part of the grant process.
3. The requestor will be notified via email the status of the grant, and -if applicable- the approved amount within two weeks from the submission deadline.
4. Within the grant approval email, the requestor will find a link to set up an appointment with the grant committee chair. At the appointment, the requestor will sign the ILHS PTSA Student Grant Contract and receive the ILHS PTSA Student Grant Reimbursement Form.
5. The completed Grant Reimbursement Form must be submitted - with any and all receipts/invoices - within 90 days of the approval of the grant or by June 1st, whichever comes first. The completed form with attached receipts can be returned to the PTSA box located behind the front desk in the lobby of the school. The form will be reviewed by the grant committee chair and PTSA treasurer and then funds will be sent via check.